Friday, June 7, 2013

Staying Humble...

So I know it's been a while since my last post. I have had so much going on. I'm in summer school and working so that takes up a big amount of my time now. I had a whole day to myself today so I decided to post some stuff.
Over the last few weeks, many things I have witnessed have given me inspiration for this post, but the main thing that I kept coming back to was being humble or thinking about people who are humble.

Growing up, one of the things my mom taught me was to stay humble and I never really understood what she meant by that until I was a bit older. I will forever be a 90's baby and I'm proud of it, but there is something wrong with my generation. Young adults my age and younger have no respect for their elders, are rude, and selfish. It's like we all took a page out of the "I'm the king/queen of the world and no one else matters" book and started applying it to everything we do. I am guilty of it, as well. I think we get so wrapped up in the fast paced, social networking, electronic world that we live in and we sometimes forget to just stop and simply smile at someone. A simple hello or holding a door for someone could brighten their day. There have been many times that a toddler's innocence has made my day so much better. If we were all toddlers again, we would be so ignorant to the craziness and dangers of the real world. We would be nicer to people and not so quick to judge. I know I wish that I was younger again sometimes, simply because the real world is so painful and causes me to build up walls. I think it's that way for everyone. Well, how do you deal with the hand you were dealt, called your life? Hmmm...that's an interesting question. I'm still trying to figure it all out. I try to live one day at a time because if not, I stress out and that's never good.

So back to being humble... Things in life have never come easy for me. I have always had to work for everything; grades, dance, and even friends. Sometimes I wondered why I always had to work so hard and for everyone else it was just easy. Well, I still think this at times. What I can say is that since April, I have been trying something new....being patient. I have a huge patience problem and lately it has improved. There are so many things that I am anticipating, but I have to wait. But while I wait, I am continuously being humble. I'm not getting mad because I have to wait, I'm not having temper tantrums, fighting, or cursing anyone out simply because I know that by staying humble, God will not only give me the desires of my heart, but also my wishes. Staying humble is a task because you want instant gratification, just like anyone else. But I know that by being patient and staying humble I will receive everything that God has for me and that I will be happy. I just wish that others could do the same, but unfortunately my generation is the instant gratification generation. I choose to stand out and be the oddball when it comes to this. Now I just have to work on the patience part.

Are you humbling yourself for your blessing or are you trying to get it the quick way?
Stay humble and you will be blessed beyond measure...

Have a wonderful weekend and let me know what y'all think.

No comments:

Post a Comment