Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Please and Thank You

Hello everyone. This post comes a few days after Father's Day, hoping that everyone enjoyed a lovely day with their dads. I didn't have the luxury, but talking to my daddy made it all okay. Anyway, I have been in summer school for three weeks now and I have witnessed things that started a discussion with some of my classmates and I this afternoon.

So, I'm pretty sure that everyone knows that I disagree with society and how some things are in 2013. Well today I was talking with a group of friends and they mentioned some things that got me to thinking. So most people were raised where the words "please" and "thank you" were used everyday. It is so hard to find a group of young adults today that can say those two simple words without it feeling like a chore of some sort. Growing up, my mother always made sure that I used my manners. Not only did it teach me how to be polite, but they are simple words that can make a difference, believe it or not. I will admit that as I grew older, I didn't use them as much. However, I am trying to remember that being polite will never go out of style and its not just a fad. I think the idea of fads and what's "on trend," as an acquaintance of mine would say, has taken over the lives of young adults. They think it's all about what's popular or what looks good. Sometimes it's about what's right and what's good. Being a young adult in 2013, older people already have preconceived notions of us and so we have to try and show them that all young people are not the same. Manners like "please" and "thank you" are important. Being polite is a way of life. It will never go out of style. So while some may want to fit in, I rather stand out and be polite to people even if I have to stand alone.


Comment. Let me know what y'all think. Start a discussion among friends. It's worth it. You may just realize that you are not alone in your beliefs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment