Friday, July 19, 2013

Work, School, and Sanity

Hey guys! I know it has been a while since my last post but I'm back! This summer has been filled with summer school and work with the occasional outings here and there. I have been swamped in textbooks, labs, study groups, and Jcrew Factory clearance and roll outs. Luckily this post is coming after a semi-relaxing day and a conversation with my mother.

So I'm deviating from my normal type of posts and doing something a bit different. I decided to post about the daily struggles of summer. While most of y'all are vacaying with family, working fun summer jobs, and relaxing with friends, I have been in summer school, working, and trying to stay sane. Let me just say that summer school is no joke. I have been busy everyday studying something. I really don't think that I was ready for all of this. Thank God, I have been doing fairly well balancing everything.

Work is work is work. I love my job and I love seeing what new things we get in!

Now for the biggest piece....Sanity.
So lately I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed, but that's nothing that a long nap, a large coke, and some chocolate couldn't fix. I think I have been trying to be superwoman and take on the world which is the biggest task in the world. On top of all of that, I have just wanted a week to sleep. With no luck of that happening any time soon, I have just picked myself up and continued on the best way I knew how. One thing that I can say that has helped is inspirational quotes. I'm a huge fan of Tumblr, username is babyy-amor, which houses some of the most amazing quotes and advice. So every Sunday, I go to my likes where I have quotes for life, and write down three quotes on sticky notes. I post them around my room and bathroom and during the week as I see them, I read them and get a burst of inspiration to continue my week. This has helped so much to help me continue on and finish my last three weeks of summer school.

I know I said that this isn't going to be a normal post, but it wouldn't be right for me not to express my opinion on the Trayvon Martin verdict.
As I mentioned when I first started my blog, I'm a young Black woman and I am not ashamed about that whatsoever. I am very disappointed in the outcome of the Trayvon Martin case. He did nothing wrong and I'm sure had a promising future. We will never know because Zimmerman decided to take his life after 911 told him not to act and to wait until they arrived. No matter what the verdict was, Zimmerman is fully guilty in my opinion. As much as I don't want my blog to become political, the whole situation had to do with race and racial profiling. Zimmerman managed to kill a young 17 year old Black male and walk away free on all accounts where in the same state a Black woman fired warning shots and didn't harm a soul and she received twenty years in prison. I pray for the Martin family and I am thankful that even though the verdict has been read, many Blacks are doing everything to make this case a civil rights case.

Let me know what y'all think. Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment