Friday, July 26, 2013

Classy and Simple...

So it's a Friday night and I'm sitting here watching a new Disney Channel movie called Teen Beach Movie.
I'm only watching it because two of my favorite dancers from So You Think You Can Dance are in it and it's actually a pretty good movie. Well, they have a scene where girls and guys talk about or rather sing about the differences in dating and dress from the 1960's to the present. I think everyone knows that I prefer, the classic style of the '50's and '60's with a bit of a modern twist on it. My style is rather conservative and not so "out there" like some modern day styles.

When I think of styles from the '50's and '60's, I think pleated skirts, polka dots, tweed, paisley print, lace...
And there is no doubt that those fashion styles had an impact on American culture or they would not have returned in such a huge way. 2013 has been a huge year for the comeback of lace, polka dots, and paisley print. It has become evident that classy and simple styles of the 1950's and the 1960's will never go out of style. I think that they should be apart of every young woman's wardrobe.




Let me know what y'all think! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment